The following is a guest post from Tony O’Driscoll, Conference Chair for our upcoming 3D Training, Learning and Collaboration (3D TLC) Conference taking place April 20-21, 2009 in Washington, DC.
For the last two months, I have had the unique opportunity to speak with over 100 pioneers who are working tirelessly to solve pressing enterprise issues with 3D technologies.
This exploratory journey has opened my eyes to the incredible potential that 3D technologies present for enterprises that need to reinvent themselves at a time where the world is flattening, connectivity is increasing, economic markets are contracting and the need for change is pressing.
I have thought long and hard about how to best distill and communicate the stories I have heard over the past and today this inquiry has resolved itself into ten simple but important words: Explain, Leverage, Teach, Learn, Design, Explore, Lead, Connect, Create and Convince.
In the next section, you will see how these 10 words expand into a program that, I hope, covers the watershed of what 3D pioneers need to take action within their own enterprise
After reviewing the program design overview below, it is my sincere hope that it strikes a chord within you and compels you to join us in Washington.
In the spirit of collaborative co-creation please do not hesitate to reach out to me to let me know if there is a glaring gap in the program that you would like to see addressed of if the speaker you believe absolutely needs to be on the program in one of these areas.
We will continue to refine the program based on your input and we will be announcing specific speakers over the coming weeks.
I look forward to hearing from you and even more to meeting you in person in DC.
Wishing you all the best in making 3D a reality within your enterprise.
Day 1: Explain, Leverage, Teach, Learn, Design
• We will begin the conference with a panel of thought leaders who will EXPLAIN the trends that are driving the adoption and application of 3D technologies by enterprises.
• Then we will hear how BP has chosen to LEVERAGE Virtual Worlds as the game-changing technology for their enterprise in 2009
• Next we will engage with a panel of pioneering educators on how they are using 3D technologies to more effectively and efficiently TEACH their courses.
• Then we will demonstrate how 3D technologies have been applied to help people LEARN complex concepts and procedures in a more effective, immersive, and engaging way.
• Finally we will convene a group of world-class experts to share the do’s and don’ts of the DESIGN of compelling and effective 3D Training and Learning applications.
Day 2: Explore Lead, Connect, Create, Convince
• We will begin day 2 with the Virtual World Roadmap team who will EXPLORE the enterprise applications they see emerging over the next two years and the technology features that will enable them.
• Then we will engage with a panel of enterprise executives who, today, LEAD the charge in the application of 3D technologies to drive sustainable competitive advantage for their organizations.
• Next we will engage with a panel of pioneering enterprise facilitators on how they are using 3D technologies better CONNECT employees and stakeholders via virtual events and 3D communities.
• Then we will convene a group of world-class experts to share their wisdom on how to CREATE engaging and supportive Virtual Collaborative environments.
• Finally we will convene a group of internal enterprise champions to share their top-ten insights on how to CONVINCE the powers that be to adopt and apply 3D within the enterprise.